Surfboard Dings and Repairs
*This a guide to help fix small blemishes and dings. We recommend going to a professional for any significant damage.
- Solarez UV Curing Resin
- 80 Grit Sandpaper
- 120 Grit Sandpaper
- Blue Painters Tape
- Flat Surface (Surf Comb, Gift Card, Puddy Knife)
- Sunny Day
- Remove any wax, traction pad, dirt, or debris around the damaged area using a flat surface like a surf comb, gift card, or goo-off.
- Make sure the damaged area is dry with no water in the ding.
- Using the 80 Grit Sandpaper, gently remove the glassing around the damaged area (you do not need to go deep) to clean away any foam debris.
- Remove any dust particles from the affected area.
- Using the Blue Painters Tape, lay tape strips around the damaged area. The inside area should match the area you wish to repair.
- Apply a small amount of Solarez to the damaged area, using a flat surface to spread lightly within the boundaries of the painter’s tape.
- Move the board to the sun exposing the area with Solarex is facing the sun to cure. The Solarez will usually cure in 2-3 minutes, but you'll want to remove the painters before the Solarez gets fully cured to finish the curing process.
- Use the 120 Grit Sandpaper to buff out the newly repaired area of any sharp edges.
- Get on the water with your repaired Shred Stick.